~*I Am A Dreamer Just Like YOU*~
This is a phrase I often start out with, because it's true. I've been a dreamer and artist all my life, and believe that the most basic ability each and every one of us has is the ability to imagine, and then create from that point. This creative jumping-off place has led to many adventures, and just enough mischief to be interesting. It came out alright in the end, I suppose.
The Beyond Vagabond Project started two years ago, as a whirlwind combination of my profound respect for horses, the challenge in dealing with them as a NON-horse person, my love of the country and outdoors, a complete and utter adoration for old-fashioned living, lore, and fables, the knowledge of gypsy culture, and always, always...my curiosity for people, their stories, and the desire to create communities. We are all connected, and we have so much to teach, and offer each other.
This journey is possibly the most challenging thing to cobble together. How does one city girl find a brave horse, a wagon and, then, where to put them? How does one train for driving a horse, a skill considered antiquated by the modern world. How does one schedule classes, meet people, and connect with people in various states to continue traveling logistics?
I aim to find out. And I've begun making progress with some of this little mission. But I can't do this alone. This, Friends, is the story of a business of dreams and is very much a community effort. It can only be accomplished by people near and far who can perhaps help me along the way via moral and logistical support, and I'd like to think that, ultimately, this isn't my project, but a project of all of ours, through good fellowship.
What the project boils down to:
- This city girl will learn to work with horses, drive them, obtain a horse and carriage, then drive it through some part of the vast American countryside.
- I will be accompanied by a horse savvy friend (for safety's sake, and safety IS a priority!) and a film-maker, who will be recording this unique event
- We will be interviewing farmers, artists, folks with old fashioned skills, and the wonderful and authentic people that make this country great. If YOU are interested in being featured CONTACT US!
- We will be teaching various classes along the way (a nice and varied list of the many things I would consider myself an expert in) in order to pay some costs along the way, for the project. SEE ART, COOKING, ORGANIC BEEKEEPING, and DANCE CLASSES
- We will also be selling folk art, homemade jams, raw honey from my hives, homemade items and such along the way..a variable traveling peddlers cart of curios across country (you may also buy these ahead of time to support this humble project SEE the VAGABOND SHOPPE LINK)
But we may need some help from you, my friends. This is very much a community effort....
So please, take a look at HOW TO HELP AND PARTICIPATE PAGE, or class pages....if you can help in any way, host a class, send a link to someone who is interested in such a strange little project of mine, you would have the grandest appreciation from a wild haired girl that you'd ever have!
Thanks and Blessings on your own Journeys,